Monday, August 8, 2011

Cusco and Some pics.

So I have settled in pretty comfortably here in Peru.  Aside from the no indoor heating which can be a real drag when you also occasionally do not have hot water.  So far sleeping under 4 wool blankets and wearing thermals to bed.  Anyway I have some pics.

This Fun guy was from the Museo El Larco in Lima.  Many of the pre - columbian Peruvian cultures depicted a lot of erotica, in this case venerial disease, in their art work.




Another interesting character from pre - columbian art.

 
The San Pedro market in Cusco.  As an American most of this food would probably kill you.  Still, a neat place



Saw this little girl in Cusco. That is a lamb with her, for all you Brooklyn hicks out there.

Yes you have to look at this sideways.  Having trouble figuring out the programs here.  Anyway there are dogs all over the place in Peru.

That´s an Alpaca sandwich.  Pretty good.  I also recommend Chico Morado - its corn juice, from purple corn.  I have come a long way from the days hwre I only ate Pizza and dry chicken cutlets.
That´s all for now, have my first Spanish classes in an hour, Hasta Luego.

3 comments:

  1. like Alpaca meat????? The fries look good. That is all. Alos, that little girl is adorable. I hope she is just taking a break and not homeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing relates one's history quite like a depiction of venereal disease! Sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol thanks guys. Yes Always nice to see VD depicted in sculpture form. Yes babs - I threw the little girl some money but hoping the best.

    ReplyDelete